How To Apply The Enduroflex Liquid Waterproofing Coating
The Enduroflex liquid applied waterproofing system is applied ‘wet-on-wet’ allowing full membrane application in a single process:
- Base Coat (Embedment coat): Apply the first layer of Enduroflex waterproof coating using a brush, foam roller or sprayer, at a coverage rate of approximately 1 kg/m² (2kg/m² for premium system)
- Reinforcing fabric: Immediately embed the reinforcing fabric into the base layer using a dry brush or roller, avoiding formation of wrinkles or bubbles.
- Top Coat: Immediately follow, without a drying period, with the saturation coat of Enduroflex at a coverage rate of approximately 0.8 kg/m². (1 kg/m² for Premium system). Spread homogeneously over the surface and allow to cure.
- Once opened stir Enduroflex liquid waterproofing coating thoroughly (Be careful not to over stir the coating as this can introduce air into the coating).
- Start by covering all flashings, details and penetrations before working on the main horizontal surface of the roof.
- Overlaps in the reinforcing fabric should be a minimum 7.5 cm. Ensure the overlap areas (above and below the overlapping fabric) are fully saturated to maintain continuity of the waterproofing system.
- Only where required, the primers are applied in a thin coat using a brush or roller at a coverage rate of approximately 0.2 to 0.3 kg/m², and left to dry before the Enviroflex waterproofing system can be applied.